Since I last wrote about Ubuntu 8.04 after installing the beta, it has been generally stable but definitely beta quality. Here’s the bugs that have been bothering me, fixed and unfixed:
The good news, what’s been fixed:
- When I first installed the beta, Firefox 3’s Java plugin didn’t work.
- I use Nautilus as a SSH client for transferring files. I could connect to a
server, but after a few seconds the connection would stop working:
- Prism applications weren’t using favicons for window icons:
- My arrow keys would get stuck down in some games:
What’s not fixed:
- After installing an updated kernel today (April 1), new
linux-restricted-moduleshave not been uploaded so booting the newer kernel causes problems with drivers. I’ve selected the older kernel in the boot menu for now:
[update] now fixed.
- Occasionally Compiz will display pink window shadows or no shadows or all.
This seems like a problem with the Nvidia driver:
[update] here’s a workaround
This is the first Ubuntu beta release that I’ve tested as my primary OS, but it seems to me that the beta is going well. What’s been bugging you in Ubuntu 8.04?