OpenOffice can be slow at times because it uses Java for some features. I followed the instructions here to speed up OpenOffice in Ubuntu, but only did the step that turns Java off. The speed difference is amazing! But keep in mind that disabling Java in OpenOffice disables the features listed on this page. Go ahead and do the other tweaks if you want more speed, but I found that disabling Java made the largest difference.
Published in June 23rd, 2007
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to Tombuntu's RSS feed.
Leave a Reply
- Upgrading Tombuntu in 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu on an SSD
- GNOME 3.2 and GNOME Shell Extensions
- Even More Graphical Git Clients
- Shutter 0.88 Screenshot Tool Released
- Graphical Git Clients for Ubuntu
- Watch YouTube Videos Using VLC
- LaTeX Editor Gummi 0.6.0 Released
- Automatic Indentation Detection in gedit
- Dynamic DNS Updates with ddclient