Mark Shuttleworth has announced that “Precise Pangolin” will be the alliterative animal codename for the next release of Ubuntu. Ubuntu 12.04 will be a long term support (LTS) release, and the first LTS to include the Unity desktop. We can expect to see more bug fixes and reliability improvements rather than radical changes this time. More details will be released when development starts at the next Ubuntu Developer Summit, which starts October 31 in Orlando, Florida.
Published in October 9th, 2011
Enjoyed this post? Subscribe to Tombuntu's RSS feed.
One Response to “Ubuntu 12.04 “Precise Pangolin” Announced”
Leave a Reply
- Upgrading Tombuntu in 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu on an SSD
- GNOME 3.2 and GNOME Shell Extensions
- Even More Graphical Git Clients
- Shutter 0.88 Screenshot Tool Released
- Graphical Git Clients for Ubuntu
- Watch YouTube Videos Using VLC
- LaTeX Editor Gummi 0.6.0 Released
- Automatic Indentation Detection in gedit
- Dynamic DNS Updates with ddclient